Saturday, June 29, 2019

Our VAR is proposing 2960Ls for L2 replacements. Are these any good?

I am working on a project to replace a ton of EoL switches in our network (2960s) and I was pushing for 9200 w/ poe and sfp+ ports. They came back with a quote for what appears to be mostly 2960L switches and a few 9200s. I noticed that the 2960L is a “smart managed” switch which seems kind of off to be and makes me feel like I am getting something similar to meraki or unifi with a Cisco label on it. Am I wrong to be concerned? The only reason they are pushing the 2960L is because of Cisco’s July discounts but I am not a fan of going from cli with more granular features to a gui managed switch. We’re also a budget conscious customer based on our previous purchases with them but I’s rather make the extra investment to build for tomorrow instead of today.



No comments:

Post a Comment