Saturday, June 22, 2019

Newbie needs help with DIY cat6

So my boss is too cheap to have The usual network tech do a job at my work and I believe it's fairly simple But I need some help understanding some things. All I need to do is run a length of cat6 cable to allow an internet connection to a computer in a new office that just got built. It's pretty close to the server room so it won't be an issue. I have 100 ft of cat6 cable and a box of RJ45 connectors as well as a crimping tool, but I've never crimped ethernet cable before. On the box of connectors it shows the color code pattern for T568-A and T568-B. Can someone explain me the difference between the two and which one is more appropriate for what I'm trying to do? I've crimped cat5e cable once before but never cat6 and I noticed that the cat6 connectors have three pieces as well which I am slightly confused about. Thanks in advance for any advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment