Thursday, June 13, 2019

Need help understanding how this could be done.

The issue at hand is that my area does not have fiber optic layed out in my area, only copper one is layed out which is really slow anyways. So the only current subar soultion is a 4G modem.

I have two solutions in mind but I don't know how viable they are and how would they would need to be exatcly done.

First solution would be asking around ISP's about a settalite dish reciever or something of that sort but I am not sure what even ask them for this method.

Second would be a wifi extender or something of that sort because one of the relatives only lives 1.2 miles (1.9km) away and they have fiber which can go up to 1GB/s.

P.S The ISP's has been promising to layout fiber optic for years now and does not seem that this will ever happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment