Monday, June 10, 2019

I need help with client isolation!

Currently, I have Cisco switches and a pfSense router-on-a-stick. I was looking to start selling Ubuntu instances to friends but wanted to separate them from one another (not using firewalls on the ubuntu VMs themselves). I am aware that it is possible to create separate subnets for each instance using VLANs (/32 subnets), but is there a more efficient way to accomplish this besides creating a VLAN for each ubuntu instance? I am running all the Ubuntu instances on ProxMox VMs. A friend told me there is a way to have one gateway, but then have the subnets on their own. I didn't quite understand, and that's all I got from talking to him. I'm pretty good at networking and have a lot of experience in Linux. If anyone could help me, that would be great!



No comments:

Post a Comment