Saturday, June 1, 2019

Hub and Spoke w/dual WAN BGP Design Question

Hi all,

I'm not a BGP expert by any means, so I wanted to know if there's any BGP config I can use to solve my problem.

I have a Hub and Spoke IPSec network. Each spoke has two WAN ports, which has an IPSec tunnel to redundant hubs (two IPSec tunnels per WAN port). Traffic originating from the spoke is routing packets through its WAN1 IPSec tunnel, when the hub is has WAN2 in its route table. The hub is a firewall which, by default, denies asynchronous routing.

Is there any BGP setting (except changing the weight for specific interfaces) that can allow the Hub and spoke to negotiate a preferred interface, or tunnel, when they peer? Not sure if this is relevant but the Hub is seeing both of the spoke's interfaces as a BGP neighbor.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment