Thursday, June 27, 2019

Help hiding clients in network browsers

I have been asked to hide client computers in the net browsers on our network. As far as I know it is peer to peer without any real planning, Ad Hoc mix of Macs and PCs. Ip addresses are dynamic I believe. DBMS that all staff uses and is installed throughout the network. Bonjour is installed on every computer, prompted by Filemaker installation. I have seen Avahi errors on computers as well.

I was told to only find the client solution and no logical/physical topology information is available to me. I am debating quitting my job because no one has any real insight into the network or they are unwilling to share it.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to hide these computers on network browsers, Windows and Mac.



No comments:

Post a Comment