Friday, June 14, 2019

Favorite text based resources for network design?

Hi!

I'm the sole IT staffing of a private school that will be expanding from one campuses to two campuses, and while mostly able to handle the needs of my users, this is throwing me into totally new territory.

Over the coming months I'll be responsible for getting the new campus up and running. I'll need to set up a new AD server, as well as switches, router(s), WiFi, firewall and anything else we may need. I'd like to connect the two campuses, but will have to convince the powers that be of the value of this.

I'm in the early planning stages now, and I was wondering if there are any text resources (books preferably) for the design of a new network that you have particularly liked. If you have favorite websites or videos, I'm not averse to looking through those as well, however in the initial phases, I find myself less likely to get lost in tangent when there are no links to click. Ideally, once I feel comfortable about what decisions to make regarding IP addressing schemes, need for VLANS, room for growth, I'll dive into the more technical details on each front.

I'd like to to my best to get this set up right from the get-go and save myself headache later. Thanks for any recommendations!



No comments:

Post a Comment