Tuesday, June 11, 2019

[Edu] CMTS Virtualization

Hi,

I'm looking into CMTS for a while now and it was always at a theoretical level. (Modulation, provisioning, ...)

So I wanna really dive deep into this topic by getting more pratical and learn a lot more about it even though I don't own any hardware.

First I thought about GNS3 and I googled about this and found this thread:

According to this the RF features don't seem to be virtualizable which is semi-ok for my purposes.

After a while I found this thread on docsis.org.

In 2013 it seemed to be the way to go to set up hardware labs for advanced purposes which indeed makes sense.

I just may ask if the technology has improved over the time and something that fits my purpose (even if not completely) is now available for a reasonable price or student licencing.



No comments:

Post a Comment