Saturday, June 22, 2019

Daisy chained network switches.

I work for a company that has their network rebuilt several times over the last few years by several different people. Our current IT guy rebuilt the entire network from the ground up including running new cables to all 4 buildings. He's a 1099 to our company since he runs his own business and isn't always available.

Well just this passed Friday my building lost network access and our IT guy was unavailable which left me being the only one to try and get things running again. Not a problem.

There was a problem though, the switch from the main building wasn't communicating with the switch in my building and seemed to refuse to connect no matter what I did. We have one Dell T610, 2 R210's (1 isn't connected because it went to a building we had to vacate) and the 2 network switches are from Netgear. All what questions you need because Monday if our IT guy doesn't show I'm expected to fix this issue if it still exists.



No comments:

Post a Comment