Sunday, June 2, 2019

Combine multiple networks, with same ip addresses

My aim is to connect 3 networks to a wireless router so I don’t have to keep swapping connection depending on the network I want to use at that time.

The 3 Separate networks that must not talk to each other, and with network 2+3 I can see this being an issue. Network 1 - File server + internet connection, few pcs. Network 2+3 - both have the same network ips. So they both have 10.0.1.10, 10.0.1.11 and so on. This cannot be changed, which is why they are both on separate networks. We know these networks simply as 2+3. So would it be possible to connect to 2.0.1.10 and it reforward to network 2 but connect to 10.0.1.10 similar to port forwarding.

Is it possible to use a combination of vlans or some ip forwarding?

What kind of equipment would I require if this is even possible?

Thank you for any help you network gurus can provide



No comments:

Post a Comment