Friday, June 28, 2019

Cisco switch/ASA will only allow pings for 5-10 minutes

Hi All,

I have a strange issue, we have a 3750/5505 combo in a pretty standard config. OSPF is running on both devices, handful of 10.5.x.x subnets on the switch with a transit vlan between the switch and ASA. I created a new VLAN recently for a lab switch and noticed I couldn't ping out to 8.8.8.8 but my computer could, after troubleshooting I couldn't source ping from any VLAN on the switch other than the transit VLAN. If I reboot the switch I can ping from all VLANs out to 8.8.8.8 for about 5-10 minutes, which time I have network connectivity at all from anything other than the few couple of computers on the network.

I though it might be some xlate or other timeout settings on the ASA but those are all default. I'm completely stumped on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment