Monday, June 10, 2019

Cisco Certification Revisions

Hi all. This is my first time posting to r/networking, so here's my question...

Due to the new Cisco cert revisions, how does this play out for Networking careers? I'm currently in school for Information Technology w/ a concentration in Network Management. The Cisco announcement pretty much just made my entire college course plans obsolete. I was originally going for Route/Switch & Design, but now it looks like those standalone options are no longer a thing. And the way the new CCNA exam topics look, they seem to now be more on par with CompTIA Net+ and the CCNP looks awfully similar to the current CCNA. Does this mean the value of the certs will decrease? And which track is going to now be the "preferred" route to take??

(Sorry if my post seems all over the place. I'm freaking out a little bit right now).



No comments:

Post a Comment