Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Anyone running Extreme Switches - and happy?

My current role has these throughout the org at both core and edge. They seem to perform well enough and the few times I've engaged TAC, they've been good.

My concern is the switches themselves seem to have a mortality issue. I haven't even been here a year and have already seen several go "tatsoop"(out of a total less than 50). These are all POE's, so it's entirely possible there are issues in the wiring plant contributing to that.

Meanwhile, the support renewal is coming up and I'm getting Aruba quotes. All we use these for are segmentation - certainly no need for a lot of high-end features.

Edit: One of those failures is loss of poe on an entire block of ports on a vc member at a remote location. I'm *really* not looking forward to that replacement trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment