Friday, June 14, 2019

3Com (HP) switches and NTP

I have a 3COM 5500 switch which takes its time from a server. The server is showing a time of 14:45, for example, which is the correct time but the switch is showing 13:45 after a successful sync. I can apply the summer-time change to the switch but my question is, if the server is showing the correct time, why does the switch sync an hour behind? Is the switch picking up the time from the server as it is before the server makes its own daylight saving change perhaps?

It's not a massive problem as the summer-time command is fine but I was just wondering why it doesn't reflect the time on its reference server exactly.

I am in the UK so I'm using default UTC but that confuses me a little as 'timezone GMT' and 'BST' don't work in the cli.



No comments:

Post a Comment