Thursday, May 16, 2019

What is UBNT Hotspot 2.0 and can I used it for everything?

I'm trying to set up a solution for resident wireless and what I'd like to do is have each room's devices talk to each other, but no one else. Obvious solution #1 is as SSID/VLAN/Subnet per room but Hotspot 2.0 on UBNT has an option for "Personal device network" that sounds like it might be exactly what I want. Problem? There's absolutely no documentation on what it is, how to set it up or what it does anywhere that I can find. I know it only recently stopped being a beta feature but I feel like I should be able to find something on it somewhere. Anyone set it up or experienced with it? The only info I can find is some marketing speak spiel about cellphones and billable services, I want it to just let me give a resident a login, have them use it for all their devices and let their stuff talk to each other but no one else.



No comments:

Post a Comment