Friday, May 3, 2019

VoIP Latency issue, looking for opinions / advice

First of all, I'm by no means a network admin, please keep that in mind.

We're experiencing issues with our VoIP calls, it always has a delay in communication when making external calls.

Our setup:

  • Ubiquiti Edgerouter (Previously Fortigate 60D, same issue though), We have a 200/20Mb Coax Internet connection (Provider is Ziggo, Dutch ISP), Edgerouter connected to their Modem
  • (Setup QOS on the Edgerouter for DSCP 24 & 46, Also checked with Wireshark that these values are in fact being send out)
  • All Switches are Ubiquiti Edge switches 1 Gbps
  • Seperate VLAN for VoIP, Office, Etc
  • 3CX Server, 2 UniFi VoIP Phones
  • My ping time to google DNS is roughly ~12 ms

When I do an local call, from 1 VoIP phone to another I have no issues at all. No latency. When I make an outbound call it's really noticeable. Probably half a second of delay. I've done all I could think of, so that's why I'm reaching out for help..

Things I've tried as well:

  • Lowest bandwith codecs
  • Registerd VoIP Phone directly to our VOIP provider (voys.nl), same issue
  • Unplugged all my equipment, only had the VoIP phones and 3CX server on the network, same issue

IS it a reasonable possibility, our ISP itself the issue?? I've got no idea what other steps I can take to test things.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment