Tuesday, May 28, 2019

SSH session logging on Linux

Hello guys,

I recently started to use Manjaro Linux. On Windows OS, I was using XShell for my SSH session to access network devices. Now, I'm trying to replace it by OpenSSH on my Linux. I've created several aliases for ssh access on bashrc. And it's working fine. Also I'm using "tee" command to save my session logs. But I've faced some issues with control character on my log files. There was too many control characters written on my log file such as backspace, space (Ctrl+W etc,.). And I couldn't find any solution for this issue.

Do you have any other suggestion for such kind of logging? or Is it possible to ignore control characters for the tee command?

Linux OS: Manjaro Linux with KDE

Kernel version: 5.1.4

Alias Command Format for ssh access: alias device1="ssh user[@](mailto:shagai@192.168.250.30)XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' | tee -i DEVICE1_$(date '+%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M').log"



No comments:

Post a Comment