Thursday, May 23, 2019

simplest path for connecting a single remote branch office to main branch over WAN?

I have a main branch and one very small branch office down the road. Main branch uses SonicWall NSA with fiber internet. Currently, the branch office connects to main branch via point-to-point L2 over fiber and connects directly into our main branch LAN. This is costing us an arm and a let.

I looked at it and figured that we could get the basic fiber package at branch office and then connect bran to main via SSLVPN and use SonicWall WXA.

What I am trying to figure out here is:

  1. What exact connection method should I be looking at? VPN, SSLVPN, etc?
  2. I don't think I need anything fancy with the branch SonicWall appliance since it's ONLY going to be talking to the main branch's static IP - so I would not care much about a bunch of bells & whistles, etc, I just want a single site-to-site VPN tunnel
  3. Any other way of doing this that makes the most sense


No comments:

Post a Comment