Thursday, May 16, 2019

Quick Question about Mellanox FW bin creation

Hi everyone, recently I've been having issues with my Mellanox ConnectX-2 card where it just spams my switch with a lot of spanning tree queries and gets the port blocked. After a lot of research, I found that the firmware on it could be the issue and I need to update to a newer one.

My problem is I have the files to generate the BIN file, but following the instructions at this link https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/mellanox-connectx-2-firmware.14350/#post-137727 I get the following error. I have looked up what mic binary image creation tool is and only something for Linux shows up. But pretty much every thread I've seen has people creating the bin file under Win10. So what is it I need to install for this to work?

PS C:\Program Files\Mellanox\WinMFT> .\mlxburn.exe -fw .\FW\fw-ConnectX2-debug.mlx -conf .\FW\MNPA19_A1-A2.ini -wrimage firmware-image.bin

-I- Generating image ...

-E- Image generation failed: -E- mic is not installed on this machine

child process exited abnormally

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment