Friday, May 24, 2019

Question: What do you guys use in your networks to discover issues (misconfigurations or intrusions) before they become major outages?

To preface this, I am not a networking professional. I am a System Administrator for K12.

I have a history of networking and am a hobbyist of sorts - but I am NOT a network admin or engineer by trade.

We are currently dealing with a major service interruption in our network and the network team seems to be at a loss in how to get to the bottom of it.

They cannot seem to isolate if this is an attack or a misconfiguration. This especially concerns me.

I feel as though we should employ some other solutions in our network to ease administration as well as make it easier to track issues like this.

I currently think we should look at Infoblox for a DDI solution.

So, to my original question: What solutions do you guys find useful to run in your networks to help identify possible misconfigurations or attacks before they become major interruptions?



No comments:

Post a Comment