Wednesday, May 8, 2019

[Question] Can my university see my P2P shared file, will I get in trouble?

I forgot my USB cable so I used Resilio Sync (https://www.resilio.com) to copy a video and some PDFs I needed to my phone. The app uses P2P over the uni wifi and I got to wondering:

If I moved a pirated movie from my laptop to my phone over the uni wifi, can they see the file name and/or access the file somehow? For this hypothetical, the uni policy is a strict no-no to sharing of copyrighted and illegal content and the movie was pirated off the uni system (didn't use their internet but my own to get the movie).

I won't get in trouble for the assignment video and PDFs needed to study today, I was just thinking about stuff I do at home that I haven't done (yet?) at uni.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment