Thursday, May 30, 2019

PuTTY Excel List Suggestions

I'm just looking for suggestions or to see what other people use to manage/organize their PuTTY connection list.

What I Have: An excel file the contains all the switches and routers, contains their IP, Hostname, IOS version, Model number, Building location number, what distro pair it belongs to, if it's an access, distro, or core switch. It's easy to sort and filter based on my needs. I can double click the IP and it opens a putty session to that switches IP.

The only problem is sometimes excel is slow or it locks up/hard to open other excel files while that file is open. Just seeing if people do something similar but with something else. I really like to be able to see what model the switch, where it's located and what its running.



No comments:

Post a Comment