Saturday, May 11, 2019

PON ONU/ONT all-in SFP options

I'm aware of the Lantiq (such as Zyxel PMG3000-D20B) based models, which I believe have a small MIPS16 processor running a (specific?) OpenWRT build on 'em, as well as HiSilicon chipset-based models. I think there is a third, but regardless...I can't find any real information on 'em!

Can anyone here speak to any direct experience using any kind of ONU/ONT SFP (GPON, EPON, any PON!)? Short of some lengthy threads on mikrotik and ubiquiti forums that are sparse on technical details (lots of folks trying to flash firmware edited from someones blog, and generally not succeeding) is not super helpful.

Ideally I'd buy one of each out there to try -- but I can only find the one FS.com sells, and they explicitly state it has only worked with ZTE and Huawei gear, in their experience (which is strange/weird...)

anyway -- you got one? is it working? what ISP are you connected to? what is it plugged into? and more importantly -- what is the management/configuration interface like?

thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment