Friday, May 3, 2019

please point me to which f5 networks product i should be looking at.

i am working on a large scale Bosch Video Management System and hitting a roadblock with there support. Even with level 3 support on the network design. At the hub I have the MGMT and pieces up and running, at the spoke I have the Cameras and Storage.

Per the docs I have to port forward 500xx to the camera over the VPN (We are using Meraki) to the 443, i knew this part was going to be a problem but the sales and support upfront said our product will work just fine.

Well it didn't and i stood up a NGINX machine as a proxy for TCP and UDP.

server {

listen 50008 udp;

listen 50008;

proxy_pass camXX.LOCATION.servicesdomain.skynet:443;

}

this solution works however I want to get the machine off my vmware cluster and on a hardware semi easy platform for anyone to add entries in. Each camera starts to stream up to 1.5mb and going live with 900 cams as this project ramps up.

So please point me to a f5 1u appliance, new models or older models i can check out.

thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment