Friday, May 17, 2019

Needing to gain better throughput for our Non Profit Cat Rescue for Cameras. Using Meraki system that is already in place.

Greetings. Hopefully this is in the correct sub. I am not a certified networking professional but I am semi familiar with basics of mesh networks and the like. We have a non profit cat rescue that is located on donated land. The majority of the land is an RV Park with a Meraki system for WIFI access for the guests of the park. There is no IT or Networking person in charge of anything regarding their coverage until now. ME. ha.

Anyways, the "cathouses" at the far end of the property needs to have a camera system accessible over the net. Obviously, the bandwidth is affected by distance/ AP routing,clients connected and such. The owner of the RV Park who donated the land is open for a new wifi system that could support PoE cameras (at least 5) or a central DVR with PoE devices. Before that can happen I feel that the basic network needs to be better setup, tweaked or even a new system supporting the capabilities needed (access control, monitoring, alerting, etc) to be purchased and installed. With this in mind I was hoping to gain some insight into what options to explore, given this subs expertise in networking I posted here. I am hoping that in tweaking or moving / modifying the equipment already on site (different antennas, re-positioning) that I can get the cathouse online properly. I have many fun screen-caps to illustrate what I currently have to work with. https://imgur.com/a/QnNudL2

Any help would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment