Friday, May 10, 2019

Help setting up network switch and wireless.

Hello,

I'm an intern at a technology company. My degree is not in any tech field, and I'm generally not given any technical tasks.

My dad also works at this company, and they are giving him a Cisco Catalyst 3560 series PoE-48 switch, a Linksys E1000 router, and a Cisco Aironet access point. This will be set up at my dad's new church building.

The equipment listed was dropped on my desk, with the switch apparently pre-configured. I still have no idea how to set up the router and access point. I have an ethernet to USB cable, power cables, a single ethernet cable, and my laptop.

If anyone could give me an overview or tell me what software I need, or anything to point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment