Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Having issues connecting Fortigate 60E to Comcast Metro Fiber.

We have a super simple set-up, but I just cannot get this to work. Our network only has outbound traffic, nothing coming in for RDP, web hosting, or email since everything is hosted off site for security reasons. Because of this we don't have any WAN block IPs from Comcast except the one used for our Fortigate 60e, or whatever device is attached to the Ciena switch for the fiber.

The configuration Comcast gave me is as follows:
Link IP Address: 50.XXX.XXX.208/30
Gateway: 50.XXX.XXX.209
Layer 3 IP: 50.XXX.XXX.210
Layer 3 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.252

I've configured the WAN port on the FG to be set to the Layer 3 IP, configured the IPv4 policy, and get nothing. If I swap from the fiber installation to the cable modem that is still active, and reconfigure the IP for that, the network has internet. I can ping the Ciena switch and the 50.XXX.XXX.210 ip for the WAN port from our server or any of our terminals, but still no internet.
So I plugged a laptop directly into the Ciena switch, set it's IP as what the WAN port was configured to, and everything works.
Out of desperation I've even tried configuring static route for the Link IP address and gateway, but still don't get anything.
I feel like I'm missing something obvious that I need to enable, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.
Any advice?



No comments:

Post a Comment