Friday, May 10, 2019

Hauwei compatibility with Cisco in China.

I am working on sourcing a new L3 Cisco switch (Most likely a 3850 stack) for our China location, to replace their Hauwei S5700 that is now their L3 core.

I did some digging and it looks like with LACP on the Hauwei, I can do VLAN trunking to the IDF's that are there (S2700). It seems a lot like HP/Cisco trunking.

So, here is the problem that I stumbled on. The SFP's in the S5700 and the S2700 are MXPD-243S. 1310nm, 1.25Gb, Dual LC, SM.

Obliviously, the 1000Base-SX (850mn) adapters won't work , but from what I can tell, it looks like the 243S is compatible with the 1000Base-LX.

Before I go ahead with this project, will the LX SFP's work? Is it worth my time, or should I just swap out the S2700's now along with the core? Will the fibers used with the 243S be compatible with the SX? Or should I just stick with the LX since that seems to be the compatible ones with the fiber they have there?

​

I'm waiting to hear back from them, but it's the weekend now, to get a P/N off the Fibers to the IDF's.



No comments:

Post a Comment