Friday, May 10, 2019

Hauwei compatibility with Cisco in China.

I am working on sourcing a new L3 Cisco switch (Most likely a 3850 stack) for our China location, to replace their Hauwei S5700 that is now their L3 core.

I did some digging and it looks like with LACP on the Hauwei, I can do VLAN trunking to the IDF's that are there (S2700). It seems a lot like HP/Cisco trunking.

So, here is the problem that I stumbled on. The SFP's in the S5700 and the S2700 are MXPD-243S. 1310nm, 1.25Gb, Dual LC, SM.

Obliviously, the 1000Base-SX (850mn) adapters won't work , but from what I can tell, it looks like the 243S is compatible with the 1000Base-LX.

Before I go ahead with this project, will the LX SFP's work? Is it worth my time, or should I just swap out the S2700's now along with the core? Will the fibers used with the 243S be compatible with the SX? Or should I just stick with the LX since that seems to be the compatible ones with the fiber they have there?

I'm waiting to hear back from them, but it's the weekend now, to get a P/N off the Fibers to the IDF's.



No comments:

Post a Comment