Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Confusing VPN/VLAN issue, would like some outside opinions

I have two locations, each with a Meraki firewall, that are configured with site-to-site VPNs on specific VLANS. The VLANS carry security camera traffic from our remote location to the main office where it’s stored on the server.

I have about 10 cameras in total at the remote location. 3 of those cameras can not communicate over the VPN for some mysterious reason. The other 7 cameras are working as expected.

I have set the cameras all up to have identical settings, other than IP addresses.

The switch ports they are connected to have identical settings.

I opened a ticket with Meraki support to go over my VPN settings and they said there is no issue with the VPN.

I opened a ticket with the camera vendor, and they said all the settings look correct.

I can’t for the life of my figure out what the issue is. One thing that makes it more annoying, is that the local firewall can ping the remote cameras by IP – so the VPN is alive and working. But the camera server can’t ping them for some reason. I have disabled windows firewall on the server. No ports that the cameras use are blocked. The server can communicate with the rest of the remote cameras and network just fine.

Any ideas where to look next to work out what’s going on?

Things I’ve already tried:

Disabling the VPN altogether, re-enabling the VPN leaves me in the same situation as before.

Re-IPing the cameras to new IPs.

Trying DHCP instead of Static.

Rebooting all devices in the chain (cameras, switch, firewalls, server)

Factory defaulted one of the problem cameras, still same issue



No comments:

Post a Comment