Friday, May 31, 2019

Cat6a wall outlet with shallow depth

Hi folks

I'm installing cat6a but am having trouble with room wall outlets. Due to construction I am limited to 35mm back boxes. I am attempting to try to find a solution to allow a flush face install but not quite there yet and wanted some input to see if anyone has any ideas before giving up and having to settle for surface mounts.

The current plan is to use 35mm double gang back boxes with euromod style plates and I've two possible ideas so far:

Using a 270 degree keystone such as this one from metz connect https://www.metz-connect.com/en/products/130b12-e which fit nice and since cable bottom enters doesn't worry about curving downward 90deg when exiting the keystone. Trouble is I can't find euromod plates to finish them with, I've asked metzconnect about this but had no reply yet. I've tried other keystone plates but they don't fit. Any similar style in another brand anyone know of that does have flat euromod plates?

Second idea was to use IDC module like you have for unshielded cat. Connectix do one https://www.connectixcablingsystems.com/cat6a-modules-outlets/9163-cat6a-ftp-rj45-module-euromod-size-5056045700264.html However issue with this so far is it only seems to be Connectix doing this style instead of just straight up keystones and I am unfamiliar with the brand or its reliability. their bumf does say it's rated to standard and capable of 10gbaseT but I am dubious with no one else doing a similar module.

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly received!



No comments:

Post a Comment