Wednesday, May 22, 2019

AF24 and Catalyst 3650

Hello,

I have done some searching on the subreddit and found this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/89ia2a/ubiquiti_airfiber_duplexspeed_issue/

It appears as though the solution was never posted. So I will ask again rather than cast raise dead on that thread.

We have a newly installed AF24 bridge that runs down to a 3650 on each side. One side is negotiating at 1000/full and working as expected. The other side is negotiating at 1000/full but I am getting tons of CRC errors and very low bandwidth. I have gone into this side of the bridge and set it to 100/full on the switchport and on the AF24 on this side and it works at 100Mbps. I searched around on ubnt.com and found a bunch of articles with people claiming this same problem: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airFiber/AF24-CRC-errors/td-p/2524778

But alas, no answers. I am currently trying to replace all the layer 1 hardware as it was put in by a vendor who swears it's all good. But I am not sure what else to check. I might start with swapping the injector first actually.

Has anyone run into this? It seems that most people are just hard coding 100Mbps and operating at that speed. However, we need to the ability to get over the speed. Any tips or advice would be very helpful. Thanks for your time!



No comments:

Post a Comment