Thursday, April 25, 2019

Weird Issue between Ubiquiti Nanobridge M5 wireless bridging from building to security gate

So I have a strange issue and I was able to get it working again but the reason why doesn't make sense to me. Basically we have it setup so an interface on the firewall which is directly plugged in to a POE injector that goes to the Nanobridge M5 and is bridge tto another NanoBridge which goes in to a switch. It stopped working one day without any changes made, I plugged in to a switch on the far end of the bridge and I was not getting an IP address, When I set the IP manually on my laptop I could reach both of the dishes but not the default gatetway. The strange thing is back on the near side with the firewall, I added a switch so that it goes fireweall > switch > POE injector instead of just straight to the POE injector. When I did this both sides becan working appropriately again without any changes. I thought maybe it was fixed so I removed the switch and went back to straight to the POE injector and then it stopped working again. Tested this multiple times to verify I am not crazy. I'm definitely not as smart as some of you guys, but I cannot think of a logical reason why this would be and its left me pretty confused. Can anyone shed some light on this maybe? I probably left out important details so just ask me if you want any other information.



No comments:

Post a Comment