Thursday, April 18, 2019

Upcoming Exam

Hi group,

I recently finished all 4 CCNA modules and had a nice job offer.

They're looking for people to work on a security department, and I will be trained in CCNA security.

The problem is that I will be evaluated on the following subjects, and some of them as I understand, are part of the security curricula.

- Network Fundamentals

IP tools

OSI Model (concepts and traffic on each layer)

Networking devices (Router/Switch/bridge/hub)

Traffic types (unicast, multicast, broadcast)

Routing / Routed protocols

Distance vector Protocols and Link State Protocol

ARP

Subnetting

MTU/MSS

TCP/UDP, flags and functiionalities

Fragmentation

- OSPF

LSA types

Area Types

DR

BDR

Packet types

- WAN/LAN

Routing-Table

Routing vs ARP

Routing on a stick

PPP

STP

PBR

VLAN

SNMP/NTP/DNS

- Security

Basic Networking Attacks

Types of Firewalls

IPsec VPNs

IPS/IDS

ALGs

- DHCP

DORA Process

DHCP Relay

DHCP Options

- BGP

Attributes

EBGP vs IBGP

Loop Avoidance mechanisms

Packet types

States

- Network Troubleshooting

Basic questions, how to determine a root cause based on OSI, knowledge of troubleshooting tools: packet capture, ping, traceroute, etc

- IS-IS

Concepts and basic functionality understanding

- Centralized Authentication Method/AAA

Radius

TACAS

LDAP

- NAT

Concept and types

Proxy-ARP

Port-Forwarding

PAT

NAT-T

Which concepts fall out of what I would know from CCNA? Which of these subjects are digged deeper into with the Security course? Any resources of tips for getting a nice score? I know that if I take the training I will learn every one of the necessary concepts to a good level, but I need to land the job first.

Thanks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment