Saturday, April 20, 2019

Super-cheap managed switch for lab

I have a lab where I test some gear's functionality that used to run old faithful 100Mb Cisco switch that finally died on me last week. I'm looking for some cheap replacement switch. I actually have some small Mikrotik switch that would have worked just fine, but it can't do tagged and untagged VLANs on the same port...

I just need Layer2, ideally with some LACP and basic STP, definitely need to be able to do native vlan on trunk port.

I definitely don't want Netgear (really dislike the brand), but something like TP-Link TL-SG108E would be ideal as at least according to specs I can get almost everything I want (except for LACP, but static LAG is OK too) for $30, as long as it can do native VLAN (judging by reviews

Anybody dealt with those? I don't want to waste money on something bad, but I don't necessary want to pay $300 for something I can get for $30.



No comments:

Post a Comment