Thursday, April 25, 2019

Set a bad default gateway--how hosed am I?

I also posted this in r/Azure but thought you all might have some input as well.

I was rushing through configuring one of my Azure VMs and set the default gateway to an invalid IP address. Here's the config I set:

IP address: 10.0.0.5

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

My intention was to set the DNS server to 192.168.1.1, not the default gateway. Now I can't connect to the VM through RDP or SSH, likely because the networking is all messed up. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried a reboot to see if that would magically reconfigure things, but no luck. I've reached out to Microsoft support but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Any thoughts on how to access this VM? Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment