Thursday, April 25, 2019

Question About Patch Cables

Hi everyone! I had a couple of simple questions regarding patch cables and if the ones I'm looking at are any good. I'm installing brand new Meraki MR53s for a new school we're building, and having installed plenty of Meraki APs in the past, I know that the position of the port on the AP along with the back plate mount make for a sharp, awkward turn for the patch cable. As these new APs are MR53s, there will now be two patch cables connected to them; one cat6, the other cat6a. The area behind the AP is going to be quite crowded, so I was looking at these cat6 and cat6a patch cables. They are quite small and would fit very well in that cramped space behind the AP. Have you guys had any experience with these cables? Are they reliable, both in carrying data at cat6a standards, and at PoE? I'd really love for these cables to work, but I'm not married to them, so any suggestions are welcome. Thank you all in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment