Thursday, April 11, 2019

Question about altering the local preference in a MP-BGP configuration.

I'm currently studying CCNP and am lost on what to do in this situation, would appreciate advice.

If I have a network setup with MP-BGP configured, which is using IPv4 BGP Transport, how would I go about setting the local preference with a route map. More specifically, where would I place the map?

If I was configuring standard IPv4 BGP, I would go about it like this.

R1(config)# route-map PRIMARY_T1_IN permit 10 R1(config-route-map)# set local-preference 150 R1(config-route-map)# exit R1(config)# router bgp 64512 R1(config-router)# neighbor 192.168.1.5 route-map PRIMARY_T1_IN in 

In MP-BGP, would I create two different maps, and place one in each IPv4/IPv6 address family, or rather just place one map in the general BGP config? I can't find reference to this anywhere.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment