Friday, April 26, 2019

Please help with VLAN and modem issue

Hi guys,

I am a bit stuck with the set up and wondering if you could point out where did I get wrong in this.

Basically, I have Linksys Switch split into two VLANS, two VLANS are connected to one router but only one VLAN 1 is working. VLAN 2 is absolutely not seeing modem at all. I can not even ping the modem from the VLAN 2.

Cable is working just fine.

This network layout is for temporary only. Usually Each VLAN has it owner modem/router so it does not share the same modem. It was working fine until two modems fail today so I switch it to Backup modem.

I know it's not the best set up but that's how my boss wants it. No argument to that. :/

You can see the diagram in the link.

https://imgur.com/s8TTMWJ

Thanks a lot for your help guys



No comments:

Post a Comment