Thursday, April 18, 2019

Packet capture on Cisco 2921 won't start? Stuck on inactive?

I currently have a packet capture setup on a Cisco 2921 with the follow parameters. When I attempt to run "monitor capture point start Gi01" I am returned to the enable prompt without any errors. The status will not change from inactive however.

​

Any ideas?

​

"show monitor capture buffer all parameters"

Capture buffer Cisco2921 (linear buffer)

Buffer Size : 1048576 bytes, Max Element Size : 128 bytes, Packets : 5611

Allow-nth-pak : 0, Duration : 0 (seconds), Max packets : 0, pps : 0

Associated Capture Points:

Name : Gi01, Status : Inactive

Configuration:

monitor capture buffer Cisco2921 size 1024 max-size 128 linear

monitor capture point associate Gi0/1 Cisco2921

​

"show monitor capture point all"

Status Information for Capture Point Gi01

IPv4 CEF

Switch Path: IPv4 CEF , Capture Buffer: Cisco2921

Status : Inactive

Configuration:

monitor capture point ip cef Gi0/1 GigabitEthernet0/1 both

​

Thank you!

Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment