Saturday, April 13, 2019

Old WG602v4 Access Point. Need help!

Hey all! So..... I have a few WG602v4 Access Points I am looking to set up just to stretch my WiFi at home (I know they are old but its all I have without buying something else).

I am looking to set them up as a repeater, however, I can not figure out for the life of me how to do it... I cant even get it working as an access point currently. I have reset to factory settings and have got access to the settings page, however, anything I try doesn't seem to work.

Other Access points I have I am just able to select the network and start repeating... but with these on selecting repeater mode it asks for a MAC address which I can only assume is from my main router. When I type this in and press apply, I see this appear at the bottom but doesnt pick up an SSID or signal strength. I am not really sure how to get this working at all.

Here are some links to the manuals which I have been trying to follow.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/WG602v4_IG_04June07.pdf

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/WG602v4/Documentation/RM/WG602v4_RM_07June07.pdf

I feel there is something simple I am probably missing but really do not have a clue when it comes to this access point.

My steps were to reset to factory, configure my laptop to allow the connection to configure the AP. Then set up the AP to allow me to connect to it with a wireless connection. After that I am looking to change it to repeater mode (Which I assume I can do by plugging a cable from my router to the AP) but this is as far as I get....



No comments:

Post a Comment