Saturday, April 13, 2019

Looking for good Cisco security VAR (CNJ/NY metro)

Hi folks,

We have a current Cisco VAR who helped us transition from VPN3000 to ASA many years ago (we use ASA just for VPN, use Checkpoint for border firewall.) Loved working with the engineer there, who did a great job with the project, but who has since moved up the ladder to Sr. SE. On our last refresh, they pitched Firepower units (FPR2110’s replacing ASA5520’s) running ASA code (currently 9.9.2). The engineer they assigned to that upgrade was one of the worst I’ve experienced (to be fair, not too long after my project he was let go) and he introduced many errors in the converted config that I had to catch and had him correct.

Now even though things basically work, we have been experiencing some VPN problems that may be a result of missed config etc. I’m not sure who our VAR has now that I’d trust. (In my role, I’m forced to be a “jack of all trades” and so I have to rely on VARs for the deep-dive stuff in many areas, such as ASA config.) So my question is, can folks here recommend an awesome Cisco security engineer who can review our config, and recommend improvements? We are in the central NJ area (“metro NY” market) if proximity should come into play. Not sure if Cisco themselves has a consulting service we could take advantage of...

Thanks for your recommendations...



No comments:

Post a Comment