Friday, April 12, 2019

Looking for a configuration analysis/standardization tool

I'm looking for a tool I can use that will compare a configuration file against a baseline set of rules to look for standards being followed. The goal being to look for things like vlan tags, vlan names, SVI descriptions, etc. all being standard across a large set of devices. I've got to think that there's something out there that exists in the software development world that could easily be adapted for looking at a text config file from a router or switch, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Edit: Thinking about how I asked my question, I know there are comparison tools that can take two file and do a diff on them. I'm looking for something where I can feed it a configuration file and it compares that file against a set of pre-defined rules that I configure.



No comments:

Post a Comment