Friday, April 19, 2019

Learning Everything..

I started a new job working for a mid/large enterprise company. 5 data centers around the world, around 30k users, hybrid cloud(azure and aws), and multi vendor environment(we have juniper,f5,cisco,palo,asa,checkpoint,aruba, and wlc). I've never been in a position like this before and im so lost.. There's guys here that know (or atleast seem to know) everything and im asking myself how did they get to that level? I only have my CCNP in R&S and felt like that in itself was a big accomplishment ,but obviously not.. I still don't have any experience with Wireless, Voice, and Data Center. Minimal experience with Firewalls and i've never even seen a load balancer before in person.

On top of all this the industry expects people to now learning Python/Programming/Automation. Where are you finding the time to focus on that when there's so much other core topics to learn?

I do feel confident enough to handle the Routing and Switching in this current environment ,but everything else im completely lost and dont have any idea on how to go about learning the rest of those technologies since its so many of them at the same. I'm sure im not the first who's been in this positon before.. i'd like some of your guys insight on how you handled this situation before (unless im the only person to have experienced this lol)



No comments:

Post a Comment