Thursday, April 11, 2019

I was thinking about what would happen if I was ssh'ed into a router, ran an infinite ping, and then closed the session....

...then realized what would happen if I was remoted into Windows box and ran ping -t. Obviously I would need reboot or start a new session and kill the process. And then that got me thinking that some routers you can't just reboot. And then that go me thinking that killing individual processes on routers is more common than I once thought. But how do you guys know what processes are causing problems? I know Juniper is built on FreeBSD and see how you could do some OS troubleshooting...but what about Cisco?

I don't really know what to ask...I guess I'm just looking to explorer this topic and get people talking about it because I've never really considered just killing individual processes.



No comments:

Post a Comment