Thursday, April 25, 2019

How can I troubleshoot or monitor for network congestion or excessive broadcasts? Also seeing lots of TCP retransmissions.

I am seeing some general slowness when transferring to or from our NAS at our core. A wireshark capture shows a lot of tcp retransmissions and duplicate acks. I sometimes run into little things like this and I am looking for a way to rule out the network. Is there anything that captures like wireshark but does an analysis of the data and can point out potential issues? I have played around with the graphing in wireshark and I do see some broadcasts, but nothing that ever hinders a connected user. A speed test out to the internet will come back with its expected speed. It seems like data transfers between two different points on the network are just not at the speed we would expect.

For this exact issue, it could be the cause is the NAS. But other than digging through wireshark and looking for an issue, what other tools could I utilize to insure my network is running optimally?



No comments:

Post a Comment