Friday, April 5, 2019

Good IPS for Home and small business?

Hey guys I am hosting some basic servers along with a Synology at home, as well as at work.

I am trying to do everything I can to keep things as secure as reasonably possible. I am currently running pfsense, with pfblockerNG and Suricata.

Suricata has been...a pain, to say the least. So far I’ve only been running it at home so I can familiarize myself with it before setting it up at work too. But I have been removing false positives for over a month now, and I still managed to have my own iPhone blocked yesterday.

My question is this, what is a more “turn key” solution - yes I know nothing will be 100% turn key - that is actually affordable for a small business or even a home user?

I am going to be talking to the people over at UntangleNG today, but I’m getting the feeling their Snort based system won’t be any easier than what I’m already running. And at least what I’m already running is free.



No comments:

Post a Comment