Monday, April 1, 2019

Frontier Netgear B90 Gateway/Router wont push enough signal down 200ft of cat6?

Hey everyone! Here is my issue. I have a client who has rental getaway cabins out in bfe. Problem he is having is not having good internet. He is charged business line prices for not much better than 5 Mbps. It's PPPOE DSL and they supply these really old Neatgear B90 "all in one" deals. Oh and there are 8 of them strung about property, around 250 yards apart or sometimes less. My part solution to help him out a little was to delete every other service and run 2 cabins off one service. So went and got my 🐈 6 cable and started making runs. We got the first 2 done and I went to place a AP on the other end for the one cabin and nothing? My cable tester which runs off a 9v ran the less than 300 ft? And My laptop would work. But I had 4 different routers I hooked up and nothing? One Linksys router ( 3 of the 4 was all Linksys) seemed to start working. Lasted a day. Then stopped? I set it into bridge mode and that's about all you need to do? I have done this a million times but I have never worked with PPPOE type on internet. And there isn't anything on Google either. I can't be the first that ran into this issue lol. Frontier is the ISP. And they no nothing about anything. I would really like to understand why I can get way less then the minimum standard out of these routers?



No comments:

Post a Comment