Friday, April 12, 2019

For the love of anything mighty someone please tell me how to put cat6a wire in a plug...

Good lord I am about to blow up my God damn house... I have gone through 13 cat6a plugs, with cat6a wiring. Every time I get the wires lined up, pushed in.. crimp.. it fails. Short circuit. I am losing my god damn mind over here.

I spent about $200 on tools, crimp, tester, special cat6a plugs, etc. This is ridiculous. Bad enough my damn hands keep cramping up all to hell trying to work with these microscopic damn wires and plugs.

Is there some fancy ass tool that you can feed the 8 stupid wires in to and it lines them up and puts them in perfect... because this stupid little prong that I have to slide the wires in to.. then push in to the plug is a massive failure of a design. The female end looks cool.. you got 8 slots, you push them in then push down with a tool and close it up, all done. But these male ends.. are ridiculous. How the hell someone make 50 to 100 of these in a day.. I have spent over 3 hours one one plug.. 13 retries.. a hole in the wall out of anger.. this can not possibly be the way its done.

First off, how the hell do you freaking straighten all the wires out. Every twisted pair is so twisted (23awg) that I use my pliers on each wire and press down in multiple areas to try to flatten/straighten it out. Even when I do that to all 8, I still cant get the ends to all line up nicely right next to each other. One is curved, another loops around easily. This cant possibly be how everyone does this. Patience my ass.. if I go any longer I wont have a network center in the wall.. I will kick the stupid thing in and see it slide down into the wall.

Any help on how you deal with cat 6/6a/7 wiring... plugs... short of buying those $13 each plug that are very nice, but WAY too expensive for me to use on a long run of cable... would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment