Friday, April 26, 2019

EEM script to execute on switch reload NX-OS

Hi All

I was wondering whether anyone has some information on how to execute an EEM script on a switch reload before the ports can start forwarding. Effectively the problem is the host ports start forwarding before the bgp session is established and I would like the script to shut down the ports immediately before then can start forwarding. Only when the BGP session is established the host ports can be unshut.

​

Any advise on this please?

​

event manager applet interface_Shutdown

event syslog pattern " VDC_MGR-2-VDC_ONLINE: vdc 1 has come online"

action 1.0 cli command "config t"

action 2.0 cli command "interface eth1/1-10"

action 3.0 cli command "shutdown"

action 4.0 cli command "end"

​

I don't know how EEM will be able to execute this in time before the reload is completed.

​

Any help would be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment