Wednesday, April 3, 2019

EAP-TLS With IOS and ANDROID

Ready to pull my hair out cus this topic just doesn't sink in with me, but here goes:

I'm looking into testing EAP-TLS on a wireless network with iphones and android devices as clients. As it stands, android will ignore certs presented to it, presumably because they are not trusted. iPhone will at least ask if you want to trust the cert. My first point of confusion is whether or not iphone and android need the full chain (root/intermediate/server) or just the root cert in order to trust.

My next point of confusion is finding out how I can push profiles to iphones and androids that have the cert bundles they need and get them to trust them. I believe MDMs can do this, but can't force iphone and android devices to trust. Has anyone every successfully done this?

Has anyone gotten EAP-TLS to work with Android/iPhone? What CA did you have to use? The server is going to be a Clear Pass Policy Manger. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment